Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

My son is depressed, aggressive and suicidal. How can I get

My son is depressed, aggressive and suicidal. How can I get my son assessed if he refuses to go to the gp or any doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.Welcome to the site.Well, if your son is suicidal and also poses threat to others due to aggressive streak then as per the Mental Health Act he can be forcibly admitted in an indoor psychiatry facility/ hospital without his consent where he shall be first assessed by psychiatrist/s and then treated for his underlying diagnosis and apparent symptoms. So i suggest that you get in touch with your GP and seek his referral for your's son's Involuntary commitment/ Sectioning ( i.e is forcible without his consent admission in an indoor psychiatry hospital for assessment and treatment). This will be able to help your cause in the most useful way.I hope this helps.Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice
You are most welcome.Take care.Regards