Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter is complaining of itching deep inside her upper

My daughter is complaining of itching deep inside her upper chest / lower throat area.
Should I take her to see a doctor?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Yes, this could be due to pharyngitis or a lower respiratory tract infection starting. This can also be seen in acid reflux. So, a visit to the doctor is warranted. Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top corner of your screen.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What is pharyngitis?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It is an upper respiratory tract infection where the first part of the throat gets inflamed due to bacterial or viral infection.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.