Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been concerned time that my eyes are not always

I have been concerned for some time that my eyes are not always blinking at the same time, and it looks like i am winking, i've been to my GP but they couldn't see a problem, but its causing me embarrassment and i would like to know what help is available for this problem?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This can happen in certain conditions for example, the jaw winking syndrome, miswiring of cranial nerves etc. You need to see a Neurologist for this and a detailed assessment needs to be done. Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would i not need to see an opthamologist? do you know what possible treatment i could get?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Opthalmologists deal with eye sight problems and problems within the globe of the eye. This falls under the domain of a Neurologist.Treatment depends on the underlying cause. So, a neurological exam is warranted and that will establish the diagnosis and then comes the treatment.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it expensve to see a neurologist? how do i find one?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You can find a neurologist in any private hospital or clinic, if you decide to go to one privately, this will cost you a specialists consultation fee.I suggest you get a referral through your GP and go through the NHS since this is not anything emergent.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.