Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I was diagnosed with herpes on my vagina which I contracted

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with herpes on my vagina which I contracted from my husband's cold sore
I've had two lots of acyclovir tablets 200mg 5 times a day for 5 days so 10 days in total although the sores have gone I'm still very sore and itchy is this normal and how long till my symptoms go
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidacyclcovir can cause body aches and soreness and itchiness of your skin.acyclovir is eliminated out of your system through your urineand should get out of your system in 1-2 days.when did you finish your last acyclovir pill?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I finished my course but I'm still so sore although I have not blisters now so do you think once the tablets are out of my body the soreness should go
I'm still in shock that I got it from a coldsore ! I had no idea this could happen my husband has no sores on his penis and he has been my only sexual partner for the last 20 years
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
herpes type 1 cold sore is very very common.50% of all new genital herpes cases come from oral sex spreading herpes type 1 virus.I am sorry you contracted herpes.I'm glad the acyclovir helped.give some more time for the acyclovir to get out of your systemthis should help your symptoms if it is due to acyclovir.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedo you see the ratings area below or above?we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback