How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64410
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Lump on my lower right rib cage. Getting irritable and mildly

Resolved Question:

Lump on my lower right rib cage. Getting irritable and mildly painful. I have a number of lumps on my arms smaller, no problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloA lump must be examined.If it is not on bone, you are probably describing a lipoma, a harmless collection of fat.Exam is needed to say.If it is on bone, it could be a spur.If it is like the other bumps, more likely lipoma.Exam is needed to rule out anything more serious.Would be glad to look at a picture here. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the bottom of the rib cage. Seems to be rubbing on bone. An examination is needed to clarify correctly.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes an examination is needed.If it is rubbing on the bone, can't say without exam.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.