DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Lump on my lower right rib cage. Getting irritable and mildly

Lump on my lower right rib cage. Getting irritable and mildly painful. I have a number of lumps on my arms smaller, no problem.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloA lump must be examined.If it is not on bone, you are probably describing a lipoma, a harmless collection of fat.Exam is needed to say.If it is on bone, it could be a spur.If it is like the other bumps, more likely lipoma.Exam is needed to rule out anything more serious.Would be glad to look at a picture here. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the bottom of the rib cage. Seems to be rubbing on bone. An examination is needed to clarify correctly.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes an examination is needed.If it is rubbing on the bone, can't say without exam.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.