DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I sleep hours a day but i still don't feel rested this

Customer Question

i sleep for 8 hours a day but i still don't feel rested this causes me to be tired all the time also I've noticed I've been drinking excessive amounts of water any suggestions what might be wrong with me ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou might need a sleep studyThis is to make sure you don't have a sleep disorder.You first need to see your doctor, as any underlying disease can cause this, liver, kidney, diabetes, thyroid diseaseAll routine labs and exam are needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what test should i get my doctor to check me up on blood test ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
All routine labs: cmp, cbc, urinalysisThyroid function testing.40Already Tried:We talked to an ER nurse and urgent care doctor that said the ER likely will run tests and send her home to make an appointment with a cardiologist. She took 325mg of asprin today and had a cup of coffee.CustomerHi, my wife was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse about 8 years ago and very seldomly had a feeling in her heart like a skipped beat. Over the last couple of weeks she has been getting these feelings more often. And now today, they are happening every couple of minutes, causing her to cough. She just said she had some pain beginning as a result in the chest area that is now gone. She is currently taking Armour Thyroid for a hypothyroid condition, drinks a cup of coffee a day, and drinks one glass of red wine a day. Do we need to go to an ER or can we wait for an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow afternoon?14/03/2016 06:54Dr. DavidThis is Dr. Davidit is ok to wait to see the cardiologist tomorrow afternoon.her thyroid hormone levels could be too high causing fast heart rate.anxiety can cause fast heart rateI'm glad you talked to an ER nurse and urgent care doctor by phone already.they would do an EKG and do some blood test for troponin, but if these were normal, they would most likely send her homewhen was the last time she had blood test to check her thyroid hormone levels?14/03/2016 07:22 MeHelloIn fact, she should have an EKG now, today, and arrange for a holter monitor.This is a rhythm change and should not be left overnight to evaluate.No one can say for sure that there is not a significant potential problem.An EKG can show NOW if she needs a holter.Rather than waiting and finding out tomorrow.The cough with this is concerning as well.I am a board certified internal medicine clinician of over 20 years experienceSee my profile.I have a high degree of expertise in cardiology.I would tell any patient to have the testing done now. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k thanks for the help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytimeany questionsfind me by requestI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have poor blood circulation in my legs what would you suggest I do to aid the problem
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
exercise daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I get enough exercise a day I walk for 1 hour and go for a jog for 30 mins so I don't think exercise is the problem
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Then I suggest you ask your doctor for lower extremity dopplers to see what the problem is.This is really a separate question.Please ignore the other post, some type of glitch.An ultrasound of the lower extremities will show if there are vein or artery problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K thanks very much
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome anytimeany questions.Find me anytime.