Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been having some discomfort below my right rib

Hi, i have been having some discomfort below my right rib cage, the pain can radiate to my back and also towards the middle of my stomach. The pain is not all the time and it can range from slight throbbing to more of a sharp stinging pain. I have no other symptoms, bowel movements seem normal, i dont feel sick, no fever etc. Would you have any idea what could be causing this?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Is the pain related to the meals?If not, then this can be just muscl strain related. Also nerve impingement can cause similar pain. Gallbladder, liver and peptic ulcer related problem usual associated with food and nausea, vomiting may be experienced. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. It is not related to meals it doesnt feel better or worse after eating, its just intermittent. I was a little concerned with a gallbladder problem as i have been dieting recently, but i would experience other symtoms with that? Would you advise ibuprofen if its a muscular thing?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Gallbladder problem will definitely cause other symptoms and associated with meals. So not likely. Yes you can try ibuprofen for now. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks very much for your time!