Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I need advice on flight risk repatriation of

hello,
I need advice on flight risk for the repatriation of an 80 year old gentleman with learning disability, following recent surgery to fractured hip whilst on holiday in Cyprus, the hospital in Cyprus have had concerns post surgery of hypotension which has been managed with medication are wishing to discharge him home on Saturday, the plan at the moment is that I will travel to Cyprus to escort as RGN for this gentleman, I need to put a risk assessment for travel in place, things to include are
pain management
fluid availability,
BP checks.
embolism support wear
safe seating for mobilizing and travel.
transfer transport
availability of extra leg room for flight travel
can you possibly advise if there are further additions to risk assessment I need to include and any further support or symptom management I need to consider to ensure this gentleman arrives home comfortably and safely.
My Contact details are
Bev Walton
tel:07717366997 or response by e-mail address form which this request has been received.
thank you *****
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.I would suggest that you add a pulse oximeter, ensure that oxygen support is available on the flight, emergency resuscitation drugs and equipment and also administration of Clexane subcutaenously in its prophylactic dose (if no contraindication by his surgeon).I think you've jotted out the rest and that is in order.Hope this helps.Please don't forget to leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.