Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I feel my head shaking when against pillow,I fear i may have

Customer Question

I feel my head shaking when against pillow,I fear i may have parkinsons...I was on gabapentin for six months but now weaned off it.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,This is most likely from withdrawal effect of gabapentin. One of the most common symptoms to experience during withdrawal from this medication is dizziness. You may feel so dizzy that you are unable to properly function throughout the day. Just know that this means your brain is trying to reset itself and it will eventually go away. Do not get worried parkinsons has different symptoms.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.