DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been having a yeast infection on my penis and i have

Customer Question

i have been having a yeast infection on my penis and i have been applying anti-fugal cream for the last 2 weeks, but i have also been sexual active with my partner during that period.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am abit worried, other than the itchness sometimes no other symptoms i have exprienced. I had that feeling of wanting to pee after i have pee'd for about 2-3 days when i first spotted the whitish skin on my penile. Kindly advice. my partner yesterday came home and said that she feels like she is burning on her lips of her vagina but she also said that she changed her panty liner and that may be the cause of her discomfort as it had abit of perfume and she is sensitive to it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI see nothing abnormal here except a small scrape on the skin.This is most likely part of the fungal infection.That said, both of you should be seeing your doctors. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok; what should i be use apart from the anti fungal cream
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and is it ok for us to have intercourse? if not, how long should i wait?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
If it is fungal, nothingIf it does not clear up, then a prescription cream based on lab analysis.You should wait until you have cleared up to have intercourse.And you should have your doctor examine you. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help dr.
Can i use fluconazole as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i use fluconazole as well?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
chlortrimazole would be the typical wide spectrum over the counter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Thomas my question was that I bought fluconazole tablets yesterday and have been using chlortrimazole cream for the last two weeks now. Is that fine??Thanks again
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You should not take any oral medication without your doctors supervision.I see no indication from your picture for the need for oral medication.No, it is not fine.We do not prescribe, treat or diagnose on the site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks dr.Regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytimeany questions I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.