Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've got a gash on my face and it started from an ingrowing

I've got a gash on my face and it started from an ingrowing hair and now i find it extremely difficult for it to heal. It is big enough to notice and embarrassing. How/what can I use to make sure it clears up quickly.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,This is most likely inflammatory in nature. You can use hydrocortisone creme over it, it would reduce inflammation. Moreover you can use polyfax or bacitracin+polymixin creme over it to treat infection in it. Ice compresses would help a lot.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its deep, should I use the hydrocortisone first? Then use polyfax or bacitracin+polymixin? See attached
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,I have seen your photo, It seems infectious folliculitis. You should skip hydrocortisone and apply polyfax only and if symptoms does not improve then you need to take oral antibiotics for this.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Warm regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had anti biopics before and they worked but I cannot remember the name of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*antibiotics