Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a seventy-five year old male and quite active. However,

Customer Question

I am a seventy-five year old male and quite active. However, I often experience a weakfish-tired feeling which appears quite noticeably around 10:00am. It brings with it a feeling of physical vulnerability particularly when outside. I don't notice it much in the evenings but this may be because I am less active at that time. Besides this I tire easily and feel less secure on my feet. While the tiredness doesn't seem directly related to stress I think it can be exacerbated by it. I have had a pacemaker since 2012. According to the pacemaker clinic it has about five years left to run. Despite the pacemaker or maybe thanks to it I can go for a 10-mile cycle ride once a week. My GP gave me a comprehensive series of tests recently with negative results.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I see you started herbal adrenal support.Do you se any improvement in your symptoms?At your ag testosterone deficiency should be considered.Did you get your total and free testosterone level checked?THyroid deficiency is another potential cause.Di you have your TSH and free T4 level both checked?Iron deficiency with or without anemia can be another possibility.Ferritin level should be checked and if below 40, should be treated?Did you get your ferritin level checked?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/