DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a tooth removed last Friday (11th March), tonight the

I had a tooth removed last Friday (11th March), tonight the gum socket is still quite painful, though it is clean and I returned to my dentist yesterday just to get it verified that it is ok and it is, but why is the gum socket still painful, I do not have a dry socket, and I clean it out regularly
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt can be localized inflammation, and this can go on for several weeks.You should be rinsing at least with salt water.A very effective maneuver is to buy homeopathic calendula tincture, but 5 drops in a quarter cup of water, and rinse throughout the day.This is very effective.Talk with your dentist about this. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long will this pain last
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
As I just said, off and on for several weeks.However, if you take the measures I stated, not so long.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rinse my mouth with tea spoonful of salt and luke warm water, will that be alright?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
YesBut not as effective.You can even use two teaspoons per cup. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I buy "homeopathic Calendula Tincture" over the counter here in Ireland? as you are most likely in the United States?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is over the counter.Helios is the main homeopathic pharmacy in the UK.Call them.http://www.helios.co.uk/Please don't forget the rating.