Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had my period two weeks ago and now It looks like its

I had my period two weeks ago and now It looks like its starting again, I've never had problems before.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Are you having any other symptoms or medical problems?Are you taking any medicines for any medical problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no other symptoms and no i'm not taking any medicines.
Thank you for the additional information. In someone having no other symptoms and not taking any medicines, it is very common for a period that is two weeks early to be due to a general response to stress. The stress in this context can be either physical or emotional stress, and can be stress from a positive or a negative situation. For example, getting married, having children, or starting a new job may all be considered positive life situations, but all are among the most stressful life situations. It is also worth noting that the effect of stress on the periods can also cause delayed periods, and sometimes both over a few months. Usually, if there is an identifiable source of stress in a woman with no other symptoms, it is reasonable to consider it to be due to stress and not worry about other possible causes, unless there is a recurring pattern. If there is no identifiable source of stress, then there are other possible causes to consider. It could be related to infection, although infections will frequently cause other symptoms and the absence of other symptoms would make infection less likely. It can be due to altered hormone release by the ovaries, which can be an imbalance, but also could be due to specific problems with the ovaries, such as ovarian cysts. It would be difficult to determine the exact cause of the early period without performing further evaluation. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so do you think that i need to see a doctor or wait and see, the only thing that i have had is a cold which lasted from mid January to about a week ago.
An acute infection is an identifiable source of stress, including a viral infection that lasted almost two months. So it would be fine to not worry about this early period and see whether this is a recurring pattern. It is not necessary to see a doctor at this point, and only if the pattern recurs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You.
You are most welcome.