DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Which homeopathic remedies could I use seems to be

Which homeopathic remedies could I use for what seems to be a persistent skin fungus infection on my leg?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiThere is no such thing as a remedy for a specific question.The entire case needs to be analyzed.That will require quite some time back and forth, and I need to see a pictureIf you would like to do that, extensively, accept that premium services offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I wanted a recommendation from a homeopath for a generally used remedy for skin fungus. Are you a homeopath? The remedies are available to buy over the counter and I was on the way out to get something but wanted to get some confirmation first. As the answer didn't help me in any way I went ahead and bought sulphur and rhus tox. It is a skin fungus and I understand the condition. I am already in the process of having it taken care of. Adding a couple of homeopathic remedies to the treatment can't hurt. I didn't need a consultation or a diagnosis.thanks
Maureen McMahon
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am an MD and a classical homeopath.Here is no generally used remedy for skin fungus.The remedy is selected individually based onappearanceaggravating and ameliorating factors.And the person, their , life history, medical problems, emotional make up, etc.As far as a superficial , localized infection, homeopathic calendula, as a cream, works very well.Sulphur would generally not be a first choice unless it fit the whole case very well.Rhus tox would be used if the rash is very similar to poison oak, and if it fit the other factors of the remedy. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.