DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

There. Im at the six month mark now with no improvement.

Hello there. Im at the six month mark now with no improvement. Symptons im still dealing with, watery sperm, no libido, no morning wood or spontaneous erections. This all began when i took saw palmetto for 3 weeks two years ago...could that really be the cause of all this....? Post finasteride syndrome? From 5ar use for three weeks? That possible...i have all the symptons? :-(
James
Thanks for your on going support
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Congrats on stopping smoking! That is excellent :)What do you mean by watery sperm? Have you had your sperm evaluated?Have you been tested to make sure you are not having nocturnal erections?Have you been talking to the Evil Dr. Google??? Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello can you see my past questions, youll get the full picture and be able to understand all this better, sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ive got myself in abit of a mess i took some herbs 12 months ago called fenugreek and tribulus After having issues on saw palmetto I took these for around 6 weeks and ending up with painful nipples along with no morning wood or libido. Ive panicked since then and taken clomid and arimidex at the advice of a friend which made everything worse. Ive been clean now six months but still have these symptoms. Im worried its for life. I have seen my doctor who has said ive buggered up my hormones and that i can take 6-12 months to sort but im worried its post finasteride syndrome from saw palmetto. Please help james

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.I am unable to upload your past questions....Time to stop taking medications and herbs based on a conversation with your friends and acquaintances.Stop all of this junk.Continue to see your doctor as scheduled.Wait out the six to twelve months and hope for the best.Worrying is not going to change a darn thing nor is freaking out that you might have an uncommon syndrome that is talked about on the internet.So. What is the bot***** *****ne?You may, or you may not, have totally messed up your sexual function with the drugs and herbs you took.Only time is going to tell if things will return to normal.In the meantime, see your doctor for help with your anxiety over this issue.And, of course, learn from this experience: Stay away from kooky herbs and medical advice from your friends.Does this make sense to you?I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate the reply, have you yourself ever come across problems with saw palmetto and this so called post finasteride sundrome?

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have come across this in the past and in my experience about 75% of patients have a positive outcome in time.You, truly, are between a rock and a hard place and, at this point, all you can do is wait for your body to clear things up and hope everything starts working again.This is a tough lesson but life can be like that at times :(It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACSI wish you the very best.Have a good weekend.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am a double board certified clinical doctor, both in internal medicine and in integrative medicine.This means I use herbs in my medical practice.Your symptoms are not from the saw palmetto or tribilus.If you have stopped the clomid and arimidex, it is not from these. Typically, these would raise testosterone levels and help with erections if testosterone were the problem. In other words, this would typically have had the opposite effect of what you are describing. So these are not the problem more than likely.This is not a "post finesteride" syndrome.Depression and anxiety most likely.Watery sperm is normal.The lack of erections needs investigation forlow testosteroneanxiety or depression or bothother medication effectsprostate diseasehigh blood pressure or cholesterolCirculation problem in the penis.Other illnesses.So that is the work upMake sure you see your doctor and a urologist.Save time in the future, find Dr. Thomas by request. I am here daily to give you correct, safe and comprehensive medical answers, clinically up to date in any area.Please click a positive on this post.Come back as needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hiya dr.thomas, cheers ***** ***** input. I took the saw palmetto by complete mistake 1 year ago (they were called hair life vitamins). I remember feeling very weak on them, like i had the flu or something, testicle aching and for the life of me couldnt get the old boy up...it took me 21 days to work out what was going on. They went in the bin. These symptons passed afterwards, i never experienced a crash or anything.

It was around 3-4 months later i began experimenting with other and meds, i dont know what i was playing at. I took fenugreek and resveratrol for around 4 weeks thinking it would naturally boost test, i even took clomid for six days which made me ill!

It was like the month later, my libido had completely vanished, morning wood too...when i can manage to ejaculate its like sweat not the way its supposed to be, im still like this so something is definayely wrong. The arimidex and tribulus came later trying to rectify it. I havent touched anything now for six months!

I keep coming across this post finasteride syndrome from saw palmetto use!? Have you ever seen this herb cause problems in your patients?

supposed to be

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
My answer is exactly the same as above.You do need the workup from your doctor on the list of possibilities I gave you.You are welcome for my input anytimeI am here daily by request in medical.Please click a positive at this point.Find me as needed.Saw palmetto has nothing: NOTHING to do with your current symptoms.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksFind me anytime by request in medical to save time and get correct answersAny day. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.