Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have tingling in my penis but no discharge or pain what so

Customer Question

I have tingling in my penis but no discharge or pain what so ever. I had unprotected oral sex about a week and a half ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Just tingling sensation without any penile discharge is not likely infection related.Nerve irritation from act of oral sex and anxiety are the likely contributing factors.Not concerning.But you can get the STD tests at the local clinic for confirmation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this, it's put my mind at ease as I have been in a panic for days. It just suddenly came on but like I said no discharge or burning when peeing
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is very reassuring.Do not worry.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you say it is then?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
This is likely nerve irritation related and anxiety driven.There are fine nerves supplying your urethra and penile skin.Oral sex can irritate them and you get tingling sensation.Infection is not the cause.This will improve gradually in a week or so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oral sex was over a week ago though and the symptoms only started 3 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is still possible if you did any masturbation in between.I will suggest the STD testing as well for further reassurance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's brilliant, I did masturbate a few days later.I also have a slight bulging disc in my back that flares up from time to time. Related?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That can also be related --nerves from sacral spine do supply the penile area.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help, it really had put my mind at ease. I was convinced it was an std which quite frankly would have ruined my life in so many ways
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeDo not worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, following on from these questions I've now started feeling "wet" in the area but I'm bone dry. Still no obvious discharge though. It feels like pee has dribbled out but it hasn't.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Do not worry that is not suggestive of any infection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, urine test came back negative but I'm wondering if they are wrong. I've now got a small amount of discharge which is just like pretty cum coming out. It's clear and sticky. I also still have the tingling feeling in pens
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Urine tests are very sensitive. As you are having the symptoms for a while, any test would have come back positive by now.Negative tests are very reassuring --rules out any infection.The discharge and tingling are not likely infection related.Excessive urethral secretion and nerve irritation likely explanation.