Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I don't know why I have to ask it again but I will try ONCE

I don't know why I have to ask it again but I will try ONCE more!
I have been prescribed 'Epilim' but it is making me sick. I live on an island and can't see my Doctor until next week. What harm may I do myself if I stop the medication?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Why were you prescribed epilim?Is it for seizure?In that case you run the risk of having withdrawal seizures if stopped abruptly.Lower dose may be considered.Definitely you need to contact your doctor soon.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/