Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have small red rash like spots on my chin and near my nose

I have small red rash like spots on my chin and near my nose and wonder could be causing them. I've never suffered with my skin, but over the last couple of months I've had these spots.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a week off sick recently and it completely cleared up, but as soon as I went back to work it came back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer. Please respond.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,I can help you better if you upload photo here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would still like an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've put sudocreme on the area today to the down the redness so it doesn't look too bad at the moment but it's annoying as I've never suffered with problem skin.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Though it is difficult without photo, i give you differential diagnosis. This can be dermatitis, eczema, atopic dermatitis or contact dermatitis. Most of these conditions are caused by an allergic reaction by the skin to an allergen. I would suggest you to apply Cutivate cream twice a day over the area. But if symptoms does not improve in a week time do get a consultation from dermatologist.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've uploaded a photo.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, sorry, just saw it, thanks.This raised red rash on the right nasolabial area and on the chin looks like a fungal infection.The thing that goes along with this diagnosis is its persistence and recurrent nature and that steroid applications have not helped.A 7 to 10 day course of topical anti fungal like Lamisil cream applied twice a day should help.You should also try to see your Dermatologist for a better evaluation.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some Terbinafine Hydrochloride cream will that help? Or should I buy Lamisil instead?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is the same thing.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've uploaded another photo. Do you still think it's a fungal infection?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Can you please try to upload again as I can not see any attachment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doing it now.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Looks fungal and should respond to anti fungal ointment however, if its not then it has to be contact dermatitis which should respond to steroid preparations and moisturizer.Using anti fungal cream on it for 7 days will not harm in any way. Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.