Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I was recently diagnosed with basal cell cancer after an

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with basal cell cancer after an initial misdiagnosis 4 years ago. The location is on my left temple and is now around 1.7cm. Given this has been in my body for a number of years what additional concerns should I have and what should I be checking for. I am due for mohs surgery in the next few weeks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidbasal cell cancer has a very very small chance of spreading to lymph nodes.in the USA, some doctors may do a CT scan of your neck to check for basal cell cancer spreadbut the chances are less than 1% chance of spread.you might need a skin graft to help cover up the skin after moh's surgery to the left temple areaanother treatment option is radiation therapy to the left temple skin to kill the basal cell canceryou are young to have a basal cell cancer on your skin. this can be caused by certain genetic mutations in your body or immune suppression conditions.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician