Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Am 50 years old. I started 2 weeks ago with what was an

Hi. Am 50 years old. I started 2 weeks ago with what was an intermittent dull ache in front of right thigh. Lasts seconds,also feel on occasion shooting pains lasting seconds in groin area,vagina. Also on occasion dull aches on same side,lower stomach,side, again lasting seconds. Noticed stomach feels tight and slightly uncomfortable. Feels hard to rune on to whether I feel hungry or not;like the feeling hard to work out whether I am hungry or not
Also when I cross right leg over left one I sometimes notice what I can only describe as a 'comd'feeling in right thigh. Doesn't feel cold to touch as though it's a different temperature intensely if that makes sense. Very tiny amount if clear discharge. Had a period last 4 to 5 months ago. Before that the previous one was so e months before. I also know I have high blood pressure, waiting for 24 hour BP monitor . Last time it was 148 over 102. Thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Likely nerve compression related pain.Nerves from the lower spine can get compressed due to the arthritis of the spine.Physical therapy and traction should help to release pressure on the nerves.Amitriptyline also should help and dose may need to be increased.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply was away. Am more concerned at present about ( related or not, am not sure) my stomach feeling tight all the time, been like this for 2 weeks now and I my appetite is much decreased, like I am not tuning in to whether I feel hungry or not.Have linked the other shooting/ intermittent pains in- they are few and fat between now. I feel breathless quickly, some minor bu noticeable discomfort towards middle of stomach , tends to be in the evening when sittting down- especially when I a sit back in more of a relaxing position, as though it ' pulls' on my stomach if that makes sense. Also notice transient tingling in vagina area too when crossing legs/ leaning forward. I am linking everything together , may correctly or not. Have two fears- which I am conscious of- stomach and ovarian cancer.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok --are you losing weight?Stomach tightness can be due to the bloating or excess gas formation commonly.Ovarian cancer is unlikely.However, you will need pelvic ultrasound and CA125 marker blood test to rule that out convincingly.The tingling sensation is likely nerve related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am not losing weight, just my appetite has decreased massively , am I likely to be connecting what could be unrelated issues , just that they all started at the same time more or less
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Probably not related.However if you had a stomach virus that can cause loss of appetite, and stomach tightness as well.