DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I suffer from ibs have i have health anxiety disorder

Customer Question

hi i suffer from ibs have for ages i have health anxiety disorder
this flare i had what i thought was red/brown jelly like mucus on the stool i went to my private doc who said my blood work is perfect and my abdomen is all good so i shouldn't worry , i had spent 3 nights eating beetroot and beetroot soup she said to her it was not bright blood and didn't think it was she sent the poo to the lab what could it be ??
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloBeets always color stool like this after that much.I would not worry either.By the way, your doctor can easily test your stool for true blood. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi dr thomas

it was a jelly like on the top of stool

these blood results were done today and she said they were great

she said if serious the bloods would be effected is that correct ?

she has sent the stool to the lab for the test

if it was blood what could it be ?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Your labs are all normal.Serious bleeding would cause anemia and you don't have it.I am not going to say "what it could be" because it is from the beets.I am not going to reinforce your anxiety with non existent possibilities, which would not be right.You need to get your anxiety treated: that is the true bot***** *****ne here. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But should I feel reassured by the blood work run that even if blood it could be not serious and the abdominal exam by the docs. ?
I am working on anxiety.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should rest assured..good luck.Please click a positive.OR, see the premium services offer.You can not treat the anxiety yourself, but I do have suggestions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only symptom is stingy lower windy pains that move about just like Ibs that I've had for years.
To finish il post the laymen now. , the inflammation markers would also be up with serious ? Thanks for your help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HINoInflammation markers to not have to be up.Please work on your anxiety.I will need to see some action on your part at this point.I will then be happy to answer two follow up questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok where is the extra time question link
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is called premium service offerI will make it again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for this last night just came up
There seems to be a lag ? I'm in London are you USA ?
Also I forgot to ask why did they do blood gas tests on the report I sent you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoIt still says proposed.It is not hereYou would need to get help from customer service.usaI have no idea why they ordered blood gasse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do it cost me 40 dollars
But the blood gas results were normal anyway ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
yes they were.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid make sure you get the payments dr. Thanks for your help in this I am going to rest assured il let you know the stool result. ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There is no additional services offer accepted here.In any case, good luck.Find me anytime.