DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Like this ?

Like this ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HIWhat question do you have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi if my stools return to normal is that reassuring and if the result comes back positive colonoscopy ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Your stools do not have to be normal, you have IBS.They can be loose or firm.Clearly, if you don't eat beets, and the red clears up, it was the beats.You did not accept the premium offer.You started a new post which is find.If you want to go into the anxiety, which is the real issue, then accept the offer I make here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To finish.
This dos t look like cancer ?
And yes I would like to talk to you re my anxiety as your write up is very good can I post you in the morning ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You can accept the offer now and come back in the morning.Or find me on a new post, but you would need to set that up for a comprehensive answer, not a simple answer.No, there is no indication of cancer, that is simply a fear, not a reality at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see the offer ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You will need to talk with customer serviceI have made offers three times.Please let me know what they tell you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi dr Thomas
My stools are more normal
Very frequent today slightly thinner I can describe a small amount of jelly on them but it's not red or bright brown
My wife says beet or the fruits we eat can do this. ?
I have no pain. And the doc sent the report as normal abdominal physical exam. Normal bloods.
The stool won't be back until tommorow.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as we discussed, the beets are the culprit.See my premium services offer if you would like to address the health anxiety.I find that those with health anxiety often do NOT want to address it, which is part of the disorder.I generally suggest cognitive behavioral therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I I agree
But before we begin to ease my logical mind if this were serious I would have pain ? In one place no appetite ? Weight loss etc not feeling fine and running 4 miles a day ?
And also. It comes and goes like ibs.
If the stool comes back blood positive could that still be another reason ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I have told you repeatedly this is not cancer.Repeating the same answer over and over simply reinforces anxiety disorders.It does not help.It causes what is called secondary gain.You get a little brief reward from the reassurance, but it dose not last, and you need more, just like an addiction.I have already answered the questions you are now asking. You are simply asking them again in a slightly different form.I would be remiss in not pointing this out, and I would be remiss in simply reinforcing your problem.In fact, you already know the answers to the questions you just asked. That is clear.And you already know this is from the beets.But, your mind will not let you believe it.that is where CBT comes in so handy, as it addresses this specific type of dysfunction.good luck again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have c b t booked forctuesday.
And I have a drug called something beginning with X
Should I take one ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You should only take drugs per your doctors prescription as he/she directs.We have nothing to do with prescriptions here.See my premium services offer for anxiety questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Il be doing that.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
very good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hinder Thomas
Stool sample came back from lab negative in all tests including cancer screen.
You were right.
Shall I use c b t or find the original,cause if my health anxiety through hypnotherapy.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hypnosis is not a therapy, and there are many charlatans using it.Find a PhD clinical psychologist who knows CBT and you can find one who knows techniques as well.Again, hypnosis is not a therapy.It should only be used by qualified experts in the clinical context.good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to a Harley street psychologist tommorow they are the best
Thanks il take that on board.
Good news on the stool test. Companied with the bloods she said I'm all good.
CBT. Is the gold standard ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
CBT has the biggest evidence base for success.There are things you should do.First a nutrient dense, anti inflammatory diet, which should also help the IBSThe diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like thisleafy greensgreen veggiesother veggieswhole fruit, beans and peasWhole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refinedSeeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.A little tofu or tempeh dailyA little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurtThe soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.You should have your thyroid checked. If the tSH is over 2.5 you are hypothyroid.If under .3, hyper.You should have a serum magnesium level and if under 2.5, supplement, as lower levels have a high association with anxiety, depression and diabetes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife's a nutricianist she agrees with this
Why the thioroid ?
My weight is 180 pounds I'm 6 ft 3 very fit. Blood pressure 110 over 70 pulse 51. I'm fit. Run 3 miles a day.
My mag is. Normal. Six months ago. 0.88 range on lab 06 to 1.00
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thyroid problems are under diagnosed.Your weight is great, but that is not the issue.Your mag is low.Serum values only represent extracellular magnesium.Not intra cellular.A red cell magnesium test will give you a better idea.good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok why do you suspect thioroid ?
And I'm taking that is something I can solve not a serious issue. ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Because, as I said, it is underdiagnosed, and it can cause anxiety. I always check it.Your second sentence does not make sense.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahhhh. The second sentence is my anxiety. Jumping fences and asking if it can be solved if diagnosed.
Simple blood test for thioroid. ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I said above, TSHOr you can get a TSH and T4.Sorry about that,.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok il get the, on my next blood run in 3 months ? I have Gilbert's syndrome apart from that my doc says I'm very healthy.
If the thioroid is overactive can I resolve it ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can.I would get the test now.Ok, that's it for this thread.I might have mentioned, work with a functional medicine doctor.There is a list herewww.functionalmedicine.org. Find me for any additional questions by going to the medical category. Use my link below, put on a long request lock and use "for Dr. Thomas only" in the question title.If you have any problems, as you know, customer service can help with the logistics.