Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I broke the outside of my foot, 5th metitascle, on Wednesday

Customer Question

Hello. I broke the outside of my foot, 5th metitascle, on Wednesday 9th March and went to the hospital on 17th for a check up.
The doctor said I could start to weight bere on my foot, I am in an air cast boot. So I started with no problems.
However today I am suffering with pins and needles and my foot is hurting.
Was I given the wrong advice? Can I still put weight on my foot?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The advice is likely right.The pins and needle sensation is due to the pressure on the nerves of the foot.This can occur from the inflammation.You should reduce bearing weight since you developed pain for at least a week.Please discuss with your doctor also.You should continue with post op shoes.Also ibuprofen will help with pain and inflammation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/