wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Can you please tell me if there is any major benefit

Hello. Can you please tell me if there is any major benefit in using Invega Sustenna as opposed to Risperdal Consta to treat paranoid schizophrenia in a 36 year old male (who also suffers from bi-polar). The Risperdal shot would be given every two weeks and the Invega every month. As he lives in the States, and the cost of the Invega is extremely expensive, I would rather stay with his current treatment of Risperdal Consta unless Invega is superior in either functionality or fewer side effects. Thank you.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.They are both very effective and long lasting but they work in different ways.If he is doing well on the Risperdal Consta then I would have to say you should go by the old Cowboy Wisdom:"Don't change horses in the middle of the stream."So. What is the bot***** *****ne?I'd stay with what he is on unless his psychiatrist (who knows him best) has a good reason (from a medical point of view) why things should be changed.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS