DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I started with flu symptoms yesterday and have really bad

Customer Question

Hi I started with flu symptoms yesterday and have really bad body aches and pains esp in lower back and a bit of nausea, sore throat and coughing but not a lot. I took 2xparacetamol at 7pm last night, 2 x paracetamol at 4:30am, 2 x Day nurse at 10am Anna further 2 Day nurse at 15:30. Nothing seems to be helping and I wondered if I should take ibuprofen instead as I've read paracetamol doesn't really help with flu symptoms? And when can I take them? Thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNoYou should not take ibuprofen.You should talk with your doctor.There is a flu medication specifically that will reduce symptoms if started early.Or, go to A&E for this. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor will only be available in the morning. I am shivering and in quite a bit of pain, I thought flu was a virus and there was no medication for it? can I take the night nurse in an hour or two? Thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No, tamiflu significantly reduces symptoms and the course.it is prescription.I don't have any idea what you mean by "can I take the night nurse...."