Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Doctor I got an issue with my digestive sistem as everything

Hi doctor
I got an issue with my digestive sistem as everything I eat, even just simple plain foods as rice, take ages before to be completely dogested. I'm lactose intolerance so I'm really careful with my food diet but many times seems to don't make a massive different as I'm still uncomfortable with it. I tried many different kind of tablets but seems to don't work for me so could you please advice me what else I could do now?
Thsnks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.What seems to be the problem with digestion? Constipation or diarrhea? Gaseous feeling/ nausea?Please describe your symptoms in detail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel a bit of nausea quite constantly, a bit of additional pain, a bit of bad back and lack of appetite almost every day so really discomfort
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Pain in the abdomen? Right upper quadrant or left upper quadrant or in the centre?Is this is a dull aching pain or a sharp one or hunger pangs?Are you on any medication currently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm no taking any medication at the moment. The pain isn't sharp but it's no comfortable at all and the position is more or less around kidneys no central stomach
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Both sides?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies.Your symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite and discomfort in both the upper quadrants and back point towards an upper abdominal or upper intestinal problem. The differentials will include gastritis, acid peptic disease and gall bladder dysfunction.I would suggest that you have an upper abdominal ultrasound done and discuss a referral to the Gastroenterologist by your GP.Mean while, you should start on Domperidone thrice a day to decrease the gut transit time and also start on Psyllium husk or Metamucil two tablespoons thrice a day admixed in food or water.Hope this helps.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies.Your symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite and discomfort in both the upper quadrants and back point towards an upper abdominal or upper intestinal problem. The differentials will include gastritis, acid peptic disease and gall bladder dysfunction.I would suggest that you have an upper abdominal ultrasound done and discuss a referral to the Gastroenterologist by your GP.Mean while, you should start on Domperidone thrice a day to decrease the gut transit time and also start on Psyllium husk or Metamucil two tablespoons thrice a day admixed in food or water.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it can be fixed somehow? Would you advice any particular food or drink to try for now?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, of course. But it needs to be diagnosed accurately first. For now avoid smoked, salted, barbecued and spicy foods. Hot beverages and fizzy drinks. Eat a bland diet but rich in fiber. Add Metamucil 2 tablespoons to your diet thrice a day.
Please do click the stars on top of the screen to rate the answer, that is the only way I receive credit for my time.
Regards.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do click the stars on top of the screen to rate the answer, that is the only way I receive credit for my time. Warm Regards.