Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 68 years old, when I pass water I am passing a lot of

Customer Question

I am 68 years old, when I pass water I am passing a lot of blood. My cycle finished when I was 43. I have had a bad back for the last three weeks mainly left side around the waist and lower, Do you think I have something sinister.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The most common cause of such symptoms i.e. back pain and passing blood in the urine is a urine infection.The first thing that I would like to do is to do a urine test.If that indicates an infection you would require an antibiotic to treat it.I would strongly recommend that you be seen for this ASAP to get this treated immediately.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards