Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am depressed and anxious, something I have been over the

Customer Question

I am depressed and anxious, something I have been over the years. I take seroxat, Have been on this for 20 years taking 20mg, my doctor has recommended I increase to 30 mg. I am having lots of cold sweats, feeling severe panic, nauseous lightheaded, faint , don't want to eat as feel worse. Am afraid there is something else wrong with me as I feel generally awful. Will this be due to the increase in med, will it ease
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.If these symptoms have started after increasing the dose of the Seroxat then there might be a link since overdose of this medication can result in nausea, increased anxiety, sweating, palpitations and increased heart beat, also irregular movements and gait abnormalities.So, I would advise that you consult your prescribing doctor or GP immediately for this and do not take an increased dose for now and continue with your 20 mg as before.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do click the stars on top of the screen to rate the answer, that is the only way I receive credit for my time.Regards.