DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have recently been diagnosed with Acid reflux, Asthma, COPD,

I have recently been diagnosed with Acid reflux, Asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis & sinus problems. Nothing with the exception of steroids makes me feel better. what are my options.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf you are not getting better outside of steroids, this often means the sinuses are not draining properly.A CT scan of the sinuses is needed: it takes about 3 minutes to do. I have seen people stay sick for years because blockage was not addressed.An ENT doctor would go in with a scope and drain the sinuses.This should be the first thing that is looked at.You are already maximized on medications. COPD is not curable. Very limited forms of COPD respond to a surgical procedure, which creates improvement, but not cure.A neglected facet of this is that patients are often not sent to pulmonary rehabilitation, which helps a lot with symptoms, and your doctor should refer you.If you have not seen a pulmonologist, that consult should be next. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.