DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been suffering with a severe dull ache in the lower

I have been suffering with a severe dull ache in the lower back of my head(right side) it is very tender to tough and I get stiffness in my neck with it!! Ibuprofen 400mg help but when they wear off I cannot sleep or am in a lot of pain!! I never suffer from headaches at all!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloGo to the ERThis can be a disc problem in the cervical spine, in need of proper treatment.It can be an infection [transverse myelitis].It is an atypical headache and can even be a bleed, but usually this would be very severe pain.You need an exam today, without fail.Any new headache needs evaluation.Particularly this type. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also had slight numbness in the side of my face! Do u think it could be something serious
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this can go along with a cervical spine problem, some are serious and need immediate attention.Mini strokes can do this as well.AS I said, to emergency and don't wait.Please click a positive here on the rating scale: that is how we are paid, per positive.Find Dr. Thomas by request any day of the week for fast, safe and accurate answers.