Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuritis. Awaiting Consultant

I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuritis. Awaiting Consultant referral. My questìon is that 10 years ago for a short period i became alcohol dependent. This lasted no more than year (life). Could this be cause of my recent diagnosis after so many years of healthy living. Two years ago I had a spinal vision that left me with nerve damage
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThe answer is no. The alcohol use from this long ago would not cause problems 10 years later.B12 deficiency and spinal issues definitely could thoughlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was worried as gp mentioned it in referral letter
This is just providing extra history to the consultant. I don't think it is related
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for helping me. I have one worry remaining. Could i end up paralysed as there is no cure. I know that is a broad statement but is prognosis bad
No, I doubt it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're welcome :)please don't forget a positive ratingI appreciate it