How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I am a 61 year old female and three days into a period. I have

Resolved Question:

I am a 61 year old female and three days into a period. I have a pituitary condition and can't an appointment with my doctor should I be concerned. Could it be a one off.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.What kind of pituitary condition do you have?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hypopituararism it I farces during the delivery of my second child 35 years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should read infarced
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yup I understood, you meant infarcted.Can you please enumerate all the medications that you are on at the moment.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hydrocortisone, thyroxine, growth hormone injection somatropin, perindopril and livial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used to be on vasopressin but the DI disappeared two years ago before that it was a pain in the neck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello have I lost you?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was busy with another patient.I will give you a detailed response in a moment.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
With the bleeding you are having there are a few causes that need to be considered and ruled out which include the following:Endometrial polypsEndometrial hyperplasiaEndometrial cancer (10% of the such cases are due to cancer which must be ruled out by doing a hysteroscopy and biopsy)So the first thing that I would do is to have an ultrasound done to have a look at the uterus and to see if there is any thickening of the lining of the endometrium which would be an indication of either hyperplasia or cancer and then I would proceed to a biopsy to rule out cancer and to get a definitive diagnosis.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will gladly rate you. I had a heterodoxy about 18 months ago after the removal of a marina coil everything was squeecky clean could things change that fast?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
In that case the chances of this being anything serious is a little unlikely but I would still like that you should be evaluated further to make sure.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when done.Regards
Dr. SH and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much I will batter down doctors surgery again tomorrow until I get an appointment. I won't wait. I am rating you now.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the bestTake careGood bye for now :)