Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a 61 year old female and three days into a period. I have

I am a 61 year old female and three days into a period. I have a pituitary condition and can't an appointment with my doctor should I be concerned. Could it be a one off.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.What kind of pituitary condition do you have?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hypopituararism it I farces during the delivery of my second child 35 years ago
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry should read infarced
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Yup I understood, you meant infarcted.Can you please enumerate all the medications that you are on at the moment.Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hydrocortisone, thyroxine, growth hormone injection somatropin, perindopril and livial
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I used to be on vasopressin but the DI disappeared two years ago before that it was a pain in the neck
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello have I lost you?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I was busy with another patient.I will give you a detailed response in a moment.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
With the bleeding you are having there are a few causes that need to be considered and ruled out which include the following:Endometrial polypsEndometrial hyperplasiaEndometrial cancer (10% of the such cases are due to cancer which must be ruled out by doing a hysteroscopy and biopsy)So the first thing that I would do is to have an ultrasound done to have a look at the uterus and to see if there is any thickening of the lining of the endometrium which would be an indication of either hyperplasia or cancer and then I would proceed to a biopsy to rule out cancer and to get a definitive diagnosis.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will gladly rate you. I had a heterodoxy about 18 months ago after the removal of a marina coil everything was squeecky clean could things change that fast?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
In that case the chances of this being anything serious is a little unlikely but I would still like that you should be evaluated further to make sure.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when done.Regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much I will batter down doctors surgery again tomorrow until I get an appointment. I won't wait. I am rating you now.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the bestTake careGood bye for now :)