Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My son has very enlarged lumps on the back of his tongue

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you share a picture of those lumps? You can do it as follows;1. Click the paperclip icon2. Click the Browse icon3. Click the Browse button4. Select your file and click Open5. Click OK6. Click Insert7. Click Save Changes on this pageRegards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The large fleshy lumps on the very ridge of his tongue . He has had yellow spots on his tonsils but no illness with it
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. These lumps are inflamed taste buds. There is nothing serious associated with them. They can just get enlarged due to conditions like acid reflux or some viral illness. Sometime there is no disease behind their enlargement. Enlarged tonsils without any symptoms are not of any significance. The white spots on them are just due to debris in their crypts. So there is nothing to worry. Just give him some OTC antiseptic mouth wash to use. I am myself Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist and I reassure you not to worry. I wish your son all the best for a good health and future. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards