Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

How many times do you get or have to get blood tests during

How many times do you get or have to get blood tests during pregency?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Routinely the following blood tests are done on the first visit:Full blood countand s. ferritinBlood group and antibodyscreenRubella antibody statusCervical cytologyHBV and HCV serologyHIV serology (aftercounselling)Syphilis serologyUrine culture sensitivityOn subsequent visits the following tests are done:Oral glucose challengetest 28 weeks: if abnormal→ OGTTRubella anti Dimmunoglobulin 28 and34 weeks (Rh-negativemother)FBC—36 weeksGroup B Streptococcus(GBS) swab—36 weeksThis session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards