DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My partners son began feeling unwell on Sunday with a sore

My partners son began feeling unwell on Sunday with a sore throat, stomach ache, feeling sick and temperature. This persisted and he still has a fluctuating temperature 3 days later. He has not been able to eat or drink. The doctor diagnosed tonsillitis yesterday and prescribed Amoxicillin which he has been taking yesterday and today. I believe it has something to do with him accidentally having the dirty skin of a kiwi fruit in his mouth on the Sunday evening. We have had a recent problem with mice and I am concerned that the kiwi fruit had mouse urine on it and that he may have something more serious e.g. Hantavirus. The urine would be dry not moist. Can you advise what the likelihood of this is. He is 7 years old and is generally healthy. I would have expected him to have made some improvements by now.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hellothis is not hantavirusNO way.It is strep throat more likely./It will take the antibiotics two days to start working
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksSave time in the futureFind me by request. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.