How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45928
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

One year I have been suffering from ear problems.

Resolved Question:

For almost one year I have been suffering from ear problems. It started with sensitivity to noise then developed into a feeling of blocked ears with tinnitus. I have had a CT scan and all is OK apart from usual age degeneration. I'm 55. In the last week or so I am having serious balance problems. Although this has happened previously in the last year. It is much worse now. I am also suffering from a lack of strength in my arms and hands and wonder if it could be connected? Thank you for reading this. Regards Carrol
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis appears to have developed into Meniere's disease.The arm an hand problem is either a separate problems, or, you have cervical spine disc disease which is affecting everything.For the arms and hands, myositis and polymyalgia rheumatica must be considered.I woulda. have a cervical spine MRIb. talk to ENT about meniere'sSee this mayo link OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davida CT scan isn't a good way to look at the brain or inner MRI scan of the brain is better with contrast.if you are having weakness of your arms and legs, you should see a neurologist and get a nerve examand see if you need a brain MRI scanyou could be suffering from a spinal stenosis or some sort of neuropathy.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45928
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you