How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8781
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Please could you advise me. Since I was young I have had an

Resolved Question:

Please could you advise me. Since I was young I have had an uneven 'crease' in my back on the right side above my hip which causes a dull ache most of the time as it has got worse over the years. It is more troubling when I sit down for more than approximately 2 hours. One of my legs is slightly shorter due to this (or may be hip slightly raised), I notice this especially when wearing trousers, one trouser leg is a bit shorter than the other. I have been wondering lately if I have scoliosis. What could this be in your opinion? I can send you a photo of my back if requested. Thank you very much.
Sharon ********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Please send a photo.I would appreciate that.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the photo attached ...
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.There is nothing to suggest scoliosis as the picture of the back that you have sent me seems pretty good.It could be a problem with your hip joint.I would recommend that you have an x-ray of your hips to start with to see if there is a problem there.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much. I will go to my GP to see if I can get an x-ray.Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If your symptoms persist you must be seen to get prescription strength medications or to have this removed at the GP's office via a small procedure.You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.I would appreciate a rating before you leave.Kindest regards
Dr. SH and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you