Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My mother has Autoimmune Hepatitis (AIH) she is on 9 mg

My mother has Autoimmune Hepatitis (AIH) she is on 9 mg Budesonide x 3mg 3 times a day. Diagnosed June 2015. Went very yellow. Liver biopsy . Her consultant has advised to go on Azthioprine soon. I have heard Cellcept is better. Not so much side effects, but more expensive. She is 64 years and anxious. What is the best? She wants to stay on steroids only?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
You can't stay on steroids long time.It is too dangerousI like azathioprine better. It has less side effects compared to cellcept.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com