Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a 14 and a half month old daughter who cries 80 per

I have a 14 and a half month old daughter who cries 80 per cent of the time. For the first six months of her life she was very easy-going and at six months of age she became very, very grumpy. As well as being distressing, it is very confusing. She is otherwise thriving. She is a healthy weight, normal bowel movements, meeting all her milestones, is happy for me to leave her at nursery, engages well with others and sleeps through the night. I just do not understand why she cries and whines as much as she does during her waking hours. Is this just her personality? Many thanks for your advice.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,Though it seems more of a personality issue than a disease but it is always better to rule out any disease by getting your child examined by a pediatrician. Seeking the counsel of the child's pediatrician is always a wise move. then consulting a psychologist can be helpful. Some times children have such behavior without any identified cause and gets better after couple of months. but it is always better to rule out any disorder timely so that her personality is not affected permanently. And give her plenty of time and play with her as much as possible for you.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. When you say disease, do you mean it could be anything? Or something relating to food intolerance? Presumably I need a referral from the GP to a paediatrician? Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, disease means anything like milk intolerance, acid reflux , colic or anything like that.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best.