DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hard lump suddenly developed and spread quickly. Red then

Hard lump suddenly developed and spread quickly. Red then purplish with oozing pustules.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely a bacterial infection resulting in an abscess.You will need to go to the local hospital to get it drained and also start oral antibiotic.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis does not sound like an abscess, which doe not typically spread like this.It sounds like one way that MRSA behaves.Can you attach a picture here, and I can give you a more accurate answer that way.Dr. Thomas, find me anytime for accurate and comprehensive answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a photo that I would like you to view.
I'm in Ireland from America and don't think my insurance would
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes, I asked you for a photo.This is the second expert.Impetigo and shingles are also possible.Please attach your photo here for Dr. Thomas.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my photos?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKThese look like bites with an element of necrosis.Spider bites can do this.Is that possible?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
MRSA is also possible, rapid spreading type.Can become serious.You need a culture and antibiotics right away.I don't see abscess formation, as these appear to be training.Are the holes from scratching?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in a Ramada Encore Hotel in Belfast and have seen no evidence.
3 years ago I had shingles on my face. This seems different and very fast advancement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It would be very atypical for shingles.Looks like bites with necrosis and infection.Go to the ER.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TY Fr. Thomas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime.Find me by request, save time that way, and get prompt, correct, safe and comprehensive answers. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.