Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am waiting reply but I do wonder whether I should

Customer Question

I am waiting for your reply but I do wonder whether I should give you all the tablets that I take every day.
Hope I am not too late.
Omepramose,
monomil XL,
Aspirin 60 mg,
nicorandil,
BisoprololDrusilla Murdoch
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello DrusillaWhat is your question?
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very grateful for your offer!
What did you want to know about those pills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I thoiught you knew what I am asking!
At the moment my legs are so painful that I can't put my compressed socks on without great pain they are so sore. I have been buying things which are supposed to help - but they don't. Over the last few years I have had inflameded legs and some time ago the legs were swollen and shiny l.looked on the computer and found that some of the tablets I took should not be with each other (Bisopropol should not be with Monomil). I WAS on Adizem and found that Bendrofluizide should not be with that. Both of them were removed and Bisopropol added. Strangely without the bendrofluizide being taken off did seem to help.(I wonder if you know the names which we use over here)
However last year I dropped a medical alarm clock on my leg and it caused an ulcer. My skin is extremely thin and every time the nurses took of the dressings they took off my skin too. I changed to another Surgery where I was told their nurses were much better and they used warm water and slowly the dressings dropped off. The ulcer has at last gone but the legs are still playing up. Putting on and taking off my socks is very painful.
.I am very small (I was 5 ft 2 once but am now 4 ft 7.) I was housebound with the ulcer but now I try and go down to the shops every day.
My doctor told me about your Website
I seem that I sent you something early on - hope there is somehing interesting here.
Do you wear compression stockings?
Also nicorandil is known to cause swelling. Get off that if you can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just been writing to tell you I do have conpression socks and then the page disappeared, so I will start again, I hope you won't have two letters now. When I had my leg wrapped up tightly because of the ulcer I did notice that when the nurses took it off to change the dressings the leg was clear, in fact I worried as the leg became so thin having had l00% wrapping. It is still smaller than the other leg and coloured again. I am told to cream the legs and I do, with something called Dermol. which has chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride and wash them with a soapy cream the same.
Yes I do wear compressiion socks which are specially my measures. .
I must say that I should not be deciding that the trouble is anything to be re the medication - it is hardly my job to be telling you what I think!! When I asked the doctor I had at the time I asked if he could change my Nicorandil and he said No. However my new doctor may be more helpful.
It is time for me to take socks off and I do not enjoy it as as they are roed down they touch the skin, and undoing over the ankle and heel is very difficult..
You need to do two things1)keep the compression on all the time and elevate the legs2)ask the doctor to change nicorandil. This is known to cause swelling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Dr Phil. It is wonderful to have found you. I was trying to rate you and touched each star (5 of them) but not sure if it has worked.
Yes, it worked. Thanks!