DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 5 week old baby is sleeping alot during the day. It seems

Customer Question

My 5 week old baby is sleeping alot during the day. It seems to have changed over the last couple of days. He was becoming more alert but suddebly he is just sleeping all the time and isnt woken easily. He did get a slight knock on his head on tuesday. Do you think this could be related and what should i do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt can be normal, in fact.An infant will go through periods of sleeping a lot.He should be examined by the pediatrician, just because of the knock on the head, but I don't think this is it. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.