Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I just went to toilet and on the toilet tissue was dry

Customer Question

Hi, i just went to toilet and on the toilet tissue was dry blood but also some blood that looks fresh/wet, about over a year ago i've had dry blood on toilet tissue but not wet/fresh and as much as when i just went to toilet now. i'm 5ft 8 and 13 ston. with a bit of a belly on me. also it's hard to describe but sometimes i get a fluttering mild sting sensation for 1 to 2 seconds around the top of my stomache, my stomache is tender in places as well but only when i press my stomache if i tense/contracted it.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
This is most likely from a fissure or hemorrhoidThat would be the most common causebut you need someone to examine you and make sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i thought it might be because of either them two but ye i'll make an appointment with my GP, the blood is bright red so not purple or dark is that a good sign? do you know what the tingling/sting like sensations could be that i get from time to time, they dont hurt. also when my belly is contracted/tensed and i press down on the stomache it is tender in places
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it's not tender when it's not contracted
That is correct. usually bright red is from the anus. like a hemorrhoidand they don't always hurt
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.If you have more questions, just reply