Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Random and disgusting, but my dog jumped across me on the

Hi, random and disgusting, but my dog jumped across me on the sofa yesterday and I tried to avoid him touching my stomach as I am 22 weeks pregnant so I reached out to grab him and inadvertently touched next to his bum. I went to wash my hands but the door went and I forgot. I had just washed my hands before this incident happened.
Anyway, I needed the toilet for a bowel movement and was having problems so I stupidly instead my finger vaginally to help with the movement. I completely forgot about touching the dog near his back package and now I am worrying about possible infection to my unborn baby.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is DR. Davidyou will not cause infection to your baby like this.you have normal good bacteria in your vaginal canal which keep bad bacteria from growing in there.your cervix is also strong to keep infection out as wellmany people have sex during pregnancy and this doesn't spread infection to the baby.so you don't have to worrylet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.So even though I had potential contamination of bacteria etc on my fingers this won't cause harm?I have looked online and it says about Toxocariasis?I already have two children and have been told my cervix isn't fully closed because of this and so I am worried that there is bacteria there from me not washing my hands after touching the dog backlash age area and therefore put my baby at risk
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you always have some bacteria on your fingers.you don't have to worryit sounds like you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.you are not putting your baby at risk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just worried with the potential of dog feaces on my fingers and the dangers off this, would this only be a risk of it was digested and passed on through the placenta?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, that is how you get toxocariasis parasite infection, you have to eat stool to get the parasite into your system.you don't have to worry about getting dog feaces on your handsand you would get an infection in your vaginal canal first before it spread to your babyif you don't have an infection or discharge from your vaginal canal, you don't have to worry.if you have constipation or hard stools, you need to eat more fruits and fiber and prunes to help you have bowel movements so you don't have to reach into your vaginal canal to helplet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com