DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I've started to itch after using new pack of soap flakes, which

I've started to itch after using new pack of soap flakes, which did not cause itch before. Tried other laundry detergents, but all cause itch. Rinse extremely well. Don't understand that new packs of soap flakes, and I've tried several, apparently with same ingredients, all cause itch. It's just two ingredients, one is tallowate. Lack of alternatives now. Depressing. No nightie to wear a the moment. How to wash undies... No doctor to help any time soon. and shops are closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NB I'm in the UK, so limited to using products available here. I have not tried ECO-Egg yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to phone.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI would try the eco product.They are often much different particularly in terms of perfumes and additives.That would be the way to go.Also, you need to bring this up with your doctor. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the products I'm using are ECO. Indeed, one had only two ingredients, tallow and sodium palm kernalade. which makes this more depressing.I've rinsed and rinsed all other clothing but find some still make me itch. I don't understand it and neither to the sympathetic manufacturers. It's like I've suddenly become highly sensitive to something simple like plain soap. I can't take oral anti-histamine as they make me dizzy. Creams are not permitted for use on large areas and being the NHS, I can't see my GP for two weeks. (I've made an appointment). In the old days, they just washed things in hot water but then, in the old days, they died at 30. I'm a scientist, daughter of chemists, and I'm completely baffled. It really was triggered by changing to a new pack of the same product. Same ingredients.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I would use ceramic cleaning discs.No soap at all.Work very good as well.Just put them in the washer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked online and couldn't find any.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
https://household-tips.thefuntimesguide.com/2014/03/laundry-balls.phphttp://alphahealth.ca/products/ecosave-laundry-disc-wash-balls OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have these in the UK since the Consumers' Association noted that they were ineffective. .I tried something similar many years ago but it left a residue and that made me itch as well. They now have Eco-Egg which contains ceramic balls with sodium bicarbonate and few other chemicals. I'll do a rinse cycle after I take it out. thank you,Ellen