Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Five days ago I suddenly encountered a fever with bodily

Customer Question

Hi..
Five days ago I suddenly encountered a fever with bodily aches/pains and s lack of appetite. The fever passed after 2 days. I however been left with an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach... Feels like a tummy full with stomach acid. If I am able to eat something i burp regularly and there is an uncomfortable feeling in the tummy. On one occassion i was sick but felt this was because of my overflowing tummy. I am feeling v weak as not eaten much for 5 days! Is there anything i can do to help my stomach situation? I am mainly eating bread, rice, bananas. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidsounds like you have too much stomach acid causing gastritis in the stomach.you need to use over the counter stomach acid blockers to decrease stomach acidyou can use maalox, or mylanta or zantac or tagamet to help decrease your stomach acid.you can use these medications twice a day to help decrease stomach acid.you can buy these acid reducers at your local drug store or grocery store or Bootsif your stomach acid symptoms continue, you need to see your doctor and try stronger prescriptions stomach acid reducers.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com