Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a 8 month old girl. I had a normal delivery at 38

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 8 month old girl. I had a normal delivery at 38 weeks without any complications. My baby had all her immunisations up to date. She is a generally healthy little angel.
She got really unwell in January and was diagnosed with a chest infection. They gave her amoxicillin. 4 weeks later she got really sick and I rushed her to A&E and she was diagnosed with bacterial tonsillitis and got penicillin. A day after she finished her course of antibiotics she was prescribed another course of antibiotics (amoxicillin) for conjunctivitis. Wednesday pass she had a fever of 40.3 that I could not get below 38 for 3 days, and was diagnosed with tonsillitis again. She was prescribed penicillin AGAIN!
Her symptoms now:
Runny nose
Coughing
Watery eyes with green discharge
No appetite
Crying.....
Rash on face stomach and back (fine speckles)
Dairrhea
Was at urgent care today- said its not measles (phew). Took urine and diagnosed with urine track infection and received antibiotics for that.
I am really concerned- as she just is unwell all the time- she not once received a full work-up and it seemed that they just dish out antibiotics.
What's causing all these infections- and should I insist on bloods to get to the bottom of this?
HELP PLEASE
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Sorry to know about your little angel.Do you have a picture that you could show me on here that shows her rash that you mentioned.Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank for responding. the doctor at A&E said it is a reaction the the fevers she had.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does seem to be a reaction. I do not think it is measles.From the symptoms that you mention it seems like a viral infection which should settle in due course of time.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when done.Regards