Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've got a sore throat and glands and they hurt when I

Customer Question

Hi I've got a sore throat and glands and they hurt when I swallow also I've took my temp its 32. 3 which I think is low?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How long has this been bothering you?Are you having any cough or congestion?Are you having any swelling of the tonsils or pus on the tonsils?Was this an oral temperature?Do you have the ability to check your temperature in another location?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had this for 5 days its really hurting my gland and throat. I'm thinking of going to walk in clinic tomorrow as I spoke to a nurse and she said try some throat spray but it's not worked neither as paracetamol or ibuprofen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My face and throat is swollen from this and have low temp I think
You did not address the questions about how the temperature was obtained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had pain killers they are not working. Yeah under the arms the temp was took
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I have a cough its green when I cough up
This temperature may not be accurate. If you truly have a temperature of 32.3, then that would be an emergency and you need to be seen quickly, rather than waiting until tomorrow. Any temperature below 35 would require emergent care. However, underarm temperatures can be very inaccurate. Even oral temperatures can be inaccurate, although not as often as an underarm temperature. The most accurate temperature would be a rectal temperature. Since you checked an underarm temperature, the next step would be to check an oral temperature. If the temperature is above 35 when it is checked orally, then it would be less of a concern. With the sore throat and associated symptoms, it is most likely a viral infection, but there is also a fair chance that it could be a Strep throat, a bacterial infection that should be treated with antibiotics. Since there is a fair chance that Strep could be present, it is appropriate to be seen. However, other than the temperature, none of these symptoms need emergent care, so if the temperature of 32.3 is found to inaccurate, then it would be fine to wait to be seen in the walk in clinic tomorrow, and they can determine whether Strep is present. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.