Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am on my second lot of antibiotics ear infection

Hi , i am on my second lot of antibiotics for middle ear infection in 3 weeks . First time I only had symptom of vibration in my right ear no temperature. second time I have pain and feeling of fullness but no temperature. I am female aged 54 , I am worried in case it is more serious , can this happen ? First lot of antibiotics did improve my ear and vibration went away.
Many thanks ***** *****
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Fluid accumulation in the middle ear from recent infection will cause fullness and also pain.Infection is gone but the inflammation in the ear can cause fluid accumulation.This can be treated with a short course of roal steroid like prednisone for a week.Usually your symptoms will improve gradually over next few weeks.Not likely serious since no fever or hearing loss.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advise and quick response , I was a bit concerned as dr kept saying if this lot of antibiotics does not clear it up I must go to an ENT specialist and stressed the importance of this.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeYou can still see a ENT specialist --but does not sound urgent.